How to Find Professional Housekeeping Help
So you’ve finally admitted you need some professional house cleaning help. Now, the question is, how to find it? There are basically two approaches. One is to hire an independent housekeeper the other is to use the services of a professional housekeeping company or referral agency.
If you want to hire an independent housekeeper, here’s help:
- Ask your neighbors for a recommendation. Any housekeeper would love to have two jobs in the same neighborhood. Just remember the housekeeper that makes your neighbor’s heart sing is not necessarily the right one for you.
- Check the Craig’s List web site or the Classified section of your newspaper under “domestic services.”
If you want to hire housekeeping help through a professional cleaning company:
- Again, talk to your with neighbors as above.
- Check out “peer referral services” such as Yelp and Angie’s List. Yelp is free, Angie’s List charges a nominal yearly membership fee. But you can get a really good feel for what a company is about by reading peoples’ reviews.
- Look in the phone book and then check out the web sites of the companies you may be interested in.
As you can imagine, we are partial to using a professional house cleaning service, but more on the advantages of that choice in another post.