I received the following EMAIL. I couldn’t resist passing it on!!
HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE:
1. Open a new file in your PC.
2. Name it “Housework.”
3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN.
4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN.
5. Your PC will ask you, “Are you sure you want
to delete Housework permanently?”
6. Calmly answer, “Yes,” and press the mouse
7. Feel better?
Works for me!
See if it works for you. If not, call your local housekeeping agency or house cleaning company and make an appointment. From our perspective, that’s the BEST solution!
In our last post, we sang the praises of the lambswool duster for cutting your dusting time in half. It’s easy to use and really attracts that dust. But, here are a few more hints to make your house work even easier.
- Change your furnace filter as soon as they become clogged with dust and dirt (medium grey in color). Not only will you have less dust, but the air quality in your home will improve which is especially important if you have allergy sufferers the house. We find that the 3M filters are worth the extra cost. These go a long ways towards keeping your house clean.
- Brush your pets frequently–outside!
- Use entrance mats outside of all your doors. Costco or a janitorial supply store are great places to buy these mats, and they will last a long, long time. If you will place a mat inside of your main doors, you will further limit the amount of dust and dirt tracked into the house. These mats will also prevent a lot of wear and tear on your floors and carpets.
- Consider grouping knickknacks and such on trays for faster dusting.
- Always dust from the top down. But keep in mind vertical surfaces don’t need to be dusted nearly as often as the horizontal.
- If all else fails, just think of dust as a wood preservative…. (Just kidding, I think!)
Hope some of these dusting tips are helpful. Please share what works for you.