When I first heard about these all-purpose cleaning sponges I thought the manufacturer was overstating the case. Magic? Really? But you know what? It’s pretty close to true. They last a long time. All you do is add a little water. And they clean so many different things well. Now here’s something that will really make housekeeping easier.
So simplify your cleaning and put one or two Magic Erasers in the bathrooms, kitchen, the cleaning caddy and in your car. They will replace a bucket load of other cleaners.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Remove scuff marks from floors, baseboard and even tennis shoes! Actually, they remove scuff marks on just about anything.
- Take off chair marks, fingerprints and handprints from walls.
- Remove mold and mildew from anything plastic.
- Clean off magic marker, permanent marker or ballpoint ink from just about any surface.
- Great for cleaning soap scum off the tub and shower.
- Remove stains on the underside of the toilet seat.
- Take off bugs from car windshield, grille and bumper.
- Remove melted plastic (think bread bag!) from toaster, glass stove top or other appliance.
- Remove baked on brown spots from the oven door.
- Clean doll faces.
The beauty of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers is that they will not do harm to any surface. Therefore, you can try them for virtually anything. If for some reason they don’t work, you haven’t lost a thing.
Our housekeepers have found these to be as helpful as just about anything on the market today. So give them a try.
‘Already tried them? What was your experience?
As promised, here are yet more fabulous uses for that kitchen staple, baking soda!
- Sprinkle some on the bottom of your kitchen garbage can. It will effectively remove any odors there.
- Got a slow running drain? Pour half a cup of baking soda followed by a cup of vinegar, wait 15 minutes for the fizzing to subside, flush with hot water. The clog is gone. It’s like magic!
- Cleaning your bathroom and kitchen fixtures to a blinding brilliance with a paste of baking soda and liquid dish soap.
- Appliance manufacturers will tell you never to use any kind of chemicals when cleaning the inside of the refrigerator or microwave. Use baking soda and water only.
- For a sour sponge, wet it and sprinkle a goodly amount of baking soda on it. Work it in and let is set up overnight. Works every time.
- A grease fire in your kitchen or barbeque can be put out quickly by smothering it with baking soda.
- Use a baking soda and water paste to remove scuff marks on vinyl floors, crayon from the walls.
So, that’s about it from us on baking soda. What can you add?