Here’s a medley of housekeeping hints that should make your housework easier and faster.
- To remove stuck on food from your pans, put a couple of inches of water in the pan, add 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the filter above your stove in the dishwasher periodically. If there’s a lot of greasy buildup, spray with a laundry prewash such as “Spray’nWash.”
- Be prepared for a casserole boiling over by placing a piece of aluminum foil (dull side up) on the bottom of the oven. Be careful the foil doesn’t touch the connector unit or you can short it out. Now lay several smaller pieces on top, so you can just whisk off the top piece leaving another ready and waiting.
- Sanitize wooden cutting boards by wiping them with either white vinegar or 3% hydrogen peroxide. No need to rinse.
- Speed up a slow drain by pouring in a cup of baking soda followed by a cup of white vinegar. Wait a few minutes til it stops foaming, flush down with hottest water from the tap. This works as well if not better than anything I’ve ever used.
- When cleaning counter tops two hands are better than one.
- The lasagna yummy, but now the clean up! Make quick work of it by filling the casserole dish with hottest tap water and add “Cascade” or other dishwasher detergent. Stir until dissolved. Let soak for 15-20 minutes and wipe clean.
Now, it’s your turn. What can you add to the list? Please share!