Simplifying shouldn’t be complex. Little changes in both behavior and thoughts make the greatest impact. Here are a few steps to help get you started.
- Breathe – this may seem to be the simplest of tasks, but too often it goes over looked. Just by taking 5 minutes to focus on your breath, you are allowing yourself to take a break from everyday life. Simple breathing exercises clear your mind and enhances focus and productivity.
- Slow Down – life is busy, we’re always running around and often we find ourselves performing tasks without thinking about it. With such a busy world, it becomes difficult to step out of our comfort zones and truly think about what is necessary for our personal happiness. Therefore, eat slower and savor each meal, walk slower by getting to know your surroundings, and simply put more effort into living in the moment
- Drink Water – such a simple and little change that simply doesn’t occur to many people. When you add water to your daily routine, you’ll feel better, and even look healthier… The benefits are endless
- De-clutter your surroundings: How can you have a clean mind with a dirty house? This may seem like a daunting task however, The Clean Sweep is here to help make the process easier and our housekeepers have even passed along a few tips and tricks in earlier posts… Check them out!
- Volunteer – they say “it is in the giving that we receive”. The best way to reach a clear mind is to help others – it is good for the community, for the people who you are helping, and it is even good for yourself. By helping in little ways, you can make new friends and you might even find a new passion.
While you take care of your mind, let The Clean Sweep, an East Bay referral agency; take care of your household needs. We are here to support you, from a traditional housecleaning to window washing, to move in/move out cleaning.